Help Desk Supervisor (Job Number:441000)
SAIC is looking to hire a Service Desk Supervisor to support USARC at our Oak Ridge, TN location.
- Supervising the Service Desk team on a daily basis, which will range from Tier I technicians to team leads.
- Helping to maintain a positive work and team environment.
- Must be flexible in hours, as this is a 24x7x365 location.
- Managing the service desk team, and even serving as a backup to the team and helping resolve trouble tickets.
- The successful candidate will oversee the appropriate development and retention of documentation and records.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and following detailed operational procedures ensuring contract terms are met, and will continuously improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer services.
- Ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience including 3+ years of experience managing/supervising a service desk staff is required.
- A High School diploma and 9+ years of relevant experience, 3 of which is in a managerial role, will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelors degree.
- Recent management or supervisory level experience within the past 12 months is required.
- Must be able to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance and have it fully adjudicated. Preference would be for a candidate to already have an active Secret clearance or higher.
- You must be able to obtain a Security + and ITIL Foundations certification. Preference would be for a candidate to already have at least one of the certifications.
- The successful candidate must be able to exercise independent judgment within generally defined objectives and policies, selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Must be able to communicate with other departments, upper management, functional peer groups, technical staff and customers to ensure satisfactory customer support and gain cooperation.
- Must possess the ability to gather, interpret and present operational metrics to determine trends affecting performance goals.
- Candidates should be proficient with a variety of domain/email account administration tools and familiar with standard corporate security policies.
- Must have the ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to maintain and follow detailed operational procedures.
- Improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer services.
- Contribute to the development of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Interact daily with staff and/or functional peer groups and customers.
- Must have strong leadership, personnel management, analytical, and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions; must have superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as knowledge in standard service desk practices, ITIL, and ISO 9000.
- Familiarity is expected in standard report and supervisory software such as Incident Management software, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge base software, scheduling software, and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and help desk software.
- Along with, Active Directory, Anti- virus, Incident Ticket System, VPN, financial management, knowledge management, quality assurance support, basic technical writing, web support, and development.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2018, 7:30:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job