General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Small Business Advocate
1. Supports the small business office and the SBLO in filing ISRs and SSRs for small business reporting. This position also assists in drafting and reviewing Small Business Subcontracting Plans and Participation Plans for proposals efforts.
2. Understands, maintains and disseminates knowledge of small business programs and impact on GDIT business base and future growth, through presentations, proposals and other media as required.
3. Supports GDIT opportunity development through facilitation, development and maintenance of small business teaming and searches.
1. Supports the Lead SBLO in the following activities:
a. Assistance with proposals where there is a small business/supplier diversity requirement.
b. Coordination of data gathering with Contracts, Procurement and the Program Manager for reporting the ISRs and SSRs into the eSRS system.
c. Assistance in maintenance of reporting documents, files, correspondence, and other appropriate and applicable documents, databases and corresponding logs.
d. Subcontracting plan administration, analysis and reviews of subcontracting goals for the utilization of small businesses in accordance with contract requirements. Assists in monitoring subcontracting performance to achieve overall subcontracting plan goals at a contract level.
2. Participates in proposal development, including writing, editing and review of small business participation and subcontracting plans;
3. Assists with the development and monitoring of Mentor-Protégé relationships and Joint Venture partnerships;
4. Analyzes existing and potential small business teaming partners and develops working knowledge of SBs, their capabilities and other relevant information on them;
5. Conducts searches for viable SB teaming partners based on parameters provided by capture and other managers, and provides data and analysis reports though the use of various databases, professional contacts, government small business specialists, and other sources of information;
6. Recommends SBs that have a strong fit with GDIT requirements for introduction to appropriate GDIT managers;
7. Participates in and travels to trade shows, conferences, and meetings with government SB offices, and collects information on capable SBs that can work with GDIT;
8. Supports coordination of logistics for internal SB events organized though the SB Office;
9. Researches public domain material to develop and maintain understanding of SB legislation, government and customer direction and SB programs impacting GDIT;
10. Responds to small business inquiries and communicates with them as needed;
11. Assists in maintenance and updates of GD SB database, SB Intranet site and SB webpage;
12. Maintains current knowledge of GDIT services and general knowledge of General Dynamics capabilities and major programs;
13. Assists in providing basic training on SB resources, tools and processes;
14. Participates in GDIT Working Groups as needed;
15. Performs general administrative duties, including expense claims, travel arrangements, P-Card use and processing, and others;
16. Participates in special projects as required and performs all other position-related duties as assigned or requested
2-5 years of related administrative and analytical experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.