District of Columbia
IT Strategic Planner (Job Number:441116)
SAIC has an opening for an IT Strategic Planner located in Washington, DC.
- Support the Department of State Information Resource Management Business, Management, and Planning (BMP) organization with execution of a strategic IT organizational design strategy and bench marking of current organization.
- Role requires supporting IT strategy and general management consultation to guide the strategic aspects along with supporting business process activities to enable BMP to manage the portfolio of IT capabilities and support stakeholders who use the system in supporting the diplomatic mission.
- Assist with defining the IT service portfolio to be managed, define the business processes of the operational management organization, assess and recommend the number and types of employees and assets required for the IT organization.
- Leverage expertise with transforming and modernizing an IT system and the associated organizational structure.
- Help to justify the strategy and provide leadership with a direct ROI and impact of modernizing the portfolio.
- Provide strategic planning of large projects or a significant segment of a strategic planning portion of a large complex project.
- Assist with planning efforts in a consolidated strategic planning process and prioritize those initiatives.
Evaluate cost and technical aspects of proposed solutions.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Must have an active Secret clearance to be considered
Strong background in the following:
- Identifying and developing benchmarks
- Understanding of the federal budget process
- Working knowledge of CPIC and governance processes
- Experience with OMB requirements
- Desired experience with technology business management (TBM)
Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE)
Requires good interpersonal and communication skills with senior government customers.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 6:48:16 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job