Linux System Admin (HPC) (Job Number:441129)
SAIC is seeking a Linux System Administrator in Vicksburg, MS.
The role supports the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services (HITS) task order contract, Team SAIC provides program management and technical support necessary to advance the services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies in the HPCMP supercomputing centers.
- Perform standard Linux System Administration duties as required to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. This consists of standalone, virtual machine, and large-scale High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster based systems including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Responsible for the successful design, support, and integration of HPC clusters (computation, storage and infrastructure), software, scheduling, and research applications in order to meet the computational needs of DoD scientists.
- Participate in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of our HPC systems and software environment.
- Must be able to correctly forecast and express resource limitations and provide recommendations for increasing the efficiency of our resources through proper scheduling and load balancing techniques.
- May need to provide after-hours support and respond to emergency situations and resolve problems.
Required Clearance & Education:
- Active Secret clearance with completed SSBI for Top Secret eligibility OR Top Secret clearance.
- Active CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Active Linux or Red Hat certification.
- Bachelors and 5 years or 9 years of related experience without the degree.
- Security implementations using multi-factor authentication, PKI, or Kerberos and Unix OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
- Experience in multi-factor authentication platforms and solutions, and Identity Management such as OpenID, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts as well as extensive systems administration experience.
- Ability to create and maintain Information Assurance (IA) compliance documentation of the Information System.
- Ability to develop and maintain clear and extensive documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks, and possess experience in compiling, installing, and porting software.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 8:02:33 AM
Primary Location: United States-MS-VICKSBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-MS-STENNIS SPACE CENTER