Network Engineer (Job Number:441046)
SAIC is hiring a Network Engineer to support our team in Newport, RI
- The Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise System (CANES) and the Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) program is looking for a cyber security analyst that specializes in networks.
- Candidate will need to be CISCO certified and experienced network engineer to support the CANES/ADNS program.
- The candidate will be expected to configure, test and maintain CISCO networks with an emphasis on routing for the customer.
- The customer will rely on the engineer to establish, maintain and report on performance of the network, network equipment and connected IT systems transport performance.
- The work environment is a laboratory setting supporting a major US Navy program.
- The program is newly started and interfaces with several other Navy programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- It is desired that a candidate have a Bachelors and one (1) or more years experience in performing tasks related to CISCO and networks or relevant experience.
- a High school diploma and five (5) or more years of experience in performing tasks related to CISCO and networks or relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- You must possess at a minimum the CCNA Routing and Switch certificate from CISCO, or have extensive CISCO experience and be able to obtain a CISCO certification.
You must also have at a minimum the COMPTIA Security + or a higher certification; e.g. ISC2 CISSP or similar.
Must have strong Network experience.
Must have knowledge and experience using multiple types of CISCO routers and switches.
- Organization, self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 6:28:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-NEWPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job