Air Force Space Command - Inventory Logistics Analyst - Military veterans preferred
2018-12-19 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Albuquerque New Mexico 87123 United States
Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
1. Implement PHS&T methods to support maintenance items, spares, or new equipment deliveries, and for equipment items shipped to and from a warehouse as well as supporting storage containers.
2. Possesses a working knowledge of DoD DFAR 252.211-7003, Policy for Unique Identification (UID) of Tangible Items, and Military Standard (MIL-STD)-130N, Item Identification and Valuation, to support implementation n of an item unique identification (IUID) program that marks all government property falling within IUID identification and tracking criteria.
3. Possesses knowledge in USAF SE- LCM software. Must have records of training as well as work experience using this tool for product data recording, asset visibility recording, reading and understanding purchase order information, interpreting shipping register information.
4. Experienced in utilizing USAF SE-LCM software for the purposes of applying and utilizing 2D/3D barcoding to track commodities and their point-to-point movement.
5. Performs independent work tasks in either receiving, storage, order selection or shipping to meet assigned requirements. Uses a VDT/PC to access and use the various applications to include requirements for maintaining accurate item/location balances. Provides guidance and assistance to associates in accomplishing assigned work requirements.
6. Receiving: the work may be involved with physical receipt of merchandise, accurate counting of items, completion of receiving worksheets and monitoring placement of putaway tickets on items scheduled for movement.
7. Storage: the work consists primarily in the putaway and replenishment of items to insure location/balance accuracy and updating of the wms documents for controlling.
8. Order selection: the associate will be involved in orders being picked and moved as scheduled to support missions, support test and verification events, and to insure programs are updated.
9. Shipping: the associate will be responsible for the proper loading/securing of trailers and also for internal movements within shipping to handle transshipment merchandise.
10. Mission recovery: the associate may support post-mission recovery tasks to include inventorying equipment, documenting deficiencies, and isolating material for further action to prepare for future missions.
11. May operate a forklift or other MHE to insure merchandise movements by picking cycles are accomplished in a timely manner.
12. May be responsible for insuring that item/location balances are accurate using various management reports. Also, insures that file maintenance needs for items are accurate in the automated software.
13. Participates in conducting periodic and special inventories.
14. Ensures that assigned work areas are compliant in physical security policies to safeguard accountability of all property.
15. Complies with established safety, security, fire prevention procedures and relevant directives.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
17: Travel 10% of the time.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School and two (2) years or more related experience.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with a polygraph
DESIRED SKILLS / CERTIFICATIONS;
1. USAF SE-LCM software.
2. USAF Equipment Management System software.
3. Raytheon EAGLE Maintenance Management Information System.