AEGIS Systems Engineer- Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) (Job Number:441153)
SAIC has an upcoming need for a Senior Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will apply systems analysis and operational procedures to complex scientific or operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, training, routine operations, interoperability and maintenance. Position requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with management practices in one or more subject-matter areas specifically as it relates to the AEGIS Combat and Weapons Systems.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Understand the operations and integration requirements of complex Naval Surface weapons and combat systems or systems of systems. Assist in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised systems; identify omissions and errors in requirements. Assist in the development of system design for approved projects. Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
- Provide engineering assessments of the impact and implications of integrating new or revised components into existing combat systems baselines using standard analysis tools for compliance and/or deviation from published specifications. Be familiar with combat systems operation and performance specifications to recognize deviations.
- Provide tracking, fielding, and documentation for the Aegis Integration project to support successful completion of AEGIS Combat System Certification process for US Navy AEGIS Cruisers and Destroyers.
- Provide timely and accurate development review and adjudication of specification documents, including the System Change Documents (SCD), AIE Testing Schedule, ACS Configuration Letters, and the Warfare System Interface Diagrams (WSID).
- Good interpersonal and communications required! Applicant will be working closely with persons from many Branches and Disciplines and will be required to make his findings clear to all
- Review existing or planned integration test initiatives and determine if the current plans can satisfy operational requirements as defined by the product manufactures identified integration plans and if not, provide an assessment of the deltas (differences), the risks associated with the deltas, and recommend a path for resolution.
- Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes.
- Prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
- Development of plans.
- Generate briefs and tracking metrics.
- Review of emergent requirements.
- Assessment of integration options.
- Review of Ship Alterations (SHIPALTs), Engineering Change Proposals, Interface Change Requests, Interface Design Specification Changes, and Ordnance Alterations.
- Support for SHIPALT development and availability planning, Technical support for integration of non-Mark 7 systems and equipment.
- Support for analysis and testing efforts.
- Review of changes to the Aegis Combat System Configurations.
- Support for Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and technical meetings.
- Support for Aegis Ship Configuration and Planning.
- Secret clearance
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus five years technical or operational experience OR operational experience in the related field.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Three (3) yrs. experience as an Operational Specialist or experience with AEGIS BMD and subsequent reporting for Naval Combat Systems and Subsystems in general, and Aegis Combat and Weapons systems specifically.
- Minimum Two (2) yrs Windows and Microsoft Office experience. Must be able to create, modify, review and report Spreadsheets, Documents and Presentations.
- Candidate must possess knowledge of Navy AEGIS weapon System, and familiar with AEGIS Acronyms and Terminology.
- Qualified and physically able to spend time on Naval Vessels for five (5) or more days consecutively.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 5:08:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-KING GEORGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job