SETA Principal Cloud Engineer - Military veterans preferred
Perform as a Cloud Systems Engineer on a successful Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team supporting a national program.
Apply engineering and IT expertise in an advisory/oversight/assistance role during all phases of the system’s lifecycle.
Directly involved in the planning and implementation of a cloud environment and migration of applications to the cloud.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will participate through documentation review, working groups, and coordination with customers and developers.
Proactively work across program segments to resolve issues with a System Integration end-to- end focus.
Identify and track program and engineering issues, recommend solutions to the government, SETA Team, and development contractors; as appropriate, implement solutions.
**Must be a US Citizen**
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Science or Engineering required, with 9+ years of experience
- Experience with SOA
- Experience with AWS EC2, VPC, S3, SQS, and SNS
- Experience working with complex physical and virtual environments
- Experience with elastic compute environments for ingesting, processing, and storage of Big Data
- Understanding of IPv4 networking, network security, and the function of network components such as firewalls and routers
- Understanding of virtualization of networks, systems, applications and the cloud
- Understanding of Information Assurance concepts and techniques
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree
- Understanding of ground systems, command and control, and TCPED
- Familiarity with VMware product line
- Understanding of perpetual storage, and search and retrieval options
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, system integration and verification, and certification and accreditation
More Jobs For Veterans...