Database Engineer (Job Number:441094)
- Manages database management systems, standards, requirements, permissions and quality assurance for database deliverable, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Specific responsibilities of the Database Engineer include working with other team members to translate business and data requirements into a logical model to include: making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained.
- Developing and maintaining the major end item structures and conducting catalog research.
- Coordinating and facilitating the operational aspects of CLS database and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project- team, engineering and logistics management.
- Monitors and analyzes the input of data for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates with Field Service Representatives remotely, to ensure maintenance and non-conforming assets are tracked correctly.
- Experience with relational CLS databases
- Experience with maintenance and logistics transactions / interactions in an operational environment
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience developing, analyzing and reporting sustainment metrics
- Multi-tasking skills and strong communications skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to make decisions using critical thinking
- Previous experience with COLTS and/or contractor logistics support database
- Experience with Visual Basic.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Previous experience mentoring/leading teams
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2018, 2:43:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job