• Manages database management systems, standards, requirements, permissions and quality assurance for database deliverable, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
• Specific responsibilities of the Database Engineer include working with other team members to translate business and data requirements into a logical model to include: making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained.
• Developing and maintaining the major end item structures and conducting catalog research.
• Coordinating and facilitating the operational aspects of CLS database and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project- team, engineering and logistics management.
• Monitors and analyzes the input of data for completeness and accuracy.
• Coordinates with Field Service Representatives remotely, to ensure maintenance and non-conforming assets are tracked correctly.
• Experience with relational CLS databases
• Experience with maintenance and logistics transactions / interactions in an operational environment
• Experience with MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience developing, analyzing and reporting sustainment metrics
• Multi-tasking skills and strong communications skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to make decisions using critical thinking
• Previous experience with COLTS and/or contractor logistics support database
• Experience with Visual Basic.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL.
• Previous experience mentoring/leading teams