RaytheonIntelligence,InformationandServices(IIS)is seeking Network Control Center (NCC) Customer Support Group (CSG) Help Desk Technicians to join our team in support of theU.S.AirForceNorth AmericanAerospaceDefenseCommand(NORAD)CheyenneMountainComplexIntegratedTacticalWarning/AttackAssessment(NCMC-ITW/AA)SustainedSupportContract(NISSC).
NISSC provides accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
NISSC work centers and employees serve and follow the direction, guidance, and priorities provided by the 721st Communications Squadron (721CS). All NISSC Technicians working in CMAFS are considered Mission Essential and must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during real world emergencies, exercises, and if necessary, bad weather. During such periods employees may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. Employees must sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
Individuals will be assigned to one of three shifts:
Individual tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
- 12-hour day shift (), including weekends and holidays. 3 days on, 3 days off in the first week, then 4 days on, 4 days off in the second week.
- 12-hour night shift (), 3/3/4/4, including weekends and holidays. 3 days on, 3 days off in the first week, then 4 days on, 4 days off in the second week.
- 8-hour day shift (), Monday - Friday.
Other tasks and responsibilities of this position may include:
- Facilitating the relationship between Government active duty/civilian customers and our contractor team.
- Answering user network resource application questions and resolving associated problems.
- Providing resolution on classified/unclassified networks using BMC Remedy and similar management tools to complete and assign trouble tickets for network, PC, laptop, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), printer, software, and other Information Technology issues.
- Elevating troubleshooting actions and results to other work centers or other technical support organizations where appropriate for further resolution.
- Perform patch management for workstations, printers and other end devices as part of 24x7 patch management operations and maintenance services for all supported networks.
- Coordinating and participating in installation and renovation projects.
- Supporting the customer's annual exercises, planned monthly relocations, and unplanned real-world events.
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts and days as required.
- Serving as a coordination point between the Customer Service Group, the Network Control Center, and other work centers and teammates on assigned actions and projects.
- Modifying/updating existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Updating system check checklists, operational checklists, and related documentation.
- Performing configuration management duties as needed.
- Performing other duties as required to support the CMAFS missions.
- Performing hardware and software technical refresh efforts.
- Must possess an active DoD final Secret security clearance or higher.
- Must have a current CompTIA Security+ certification with Continuing Education in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT II requirements or equivalent.
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain a current Windows Operating System (OS) certificate.
- Must have a proven track record of above average Information Technology customer service skills, troubleshooting skills, and client resolution skills in a Windows PC environment.
- Must have experience creating, responding to, and updating BMC Remedy trouble tickets.
- Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair network and PC resources, including peripherals such as KVMs, card readers, monitors, blades, VDI, and printers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform PC, laptop, and printer maintenance tasks.
- Must be capable of supporting the CMAFS 24x7x365 environment independently as he/she may often work alone.
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with USAF networks, PCs, and associated hardware and software is a significant plus.
- Experience with NORAD-NORTHCOM networks, PCs, and associated hardware and software is a plus.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Requires a High School Diploma and an Associate’s degree with 5 years of directly related technical experience. Additional directly related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.