General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology is actively seeking Aegis Trainers in Dahlgren VA for immediate start dates
Seeking candidates with Aegis Fire Controlman experience in DDG or CG.
Develops and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System. Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
5. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
6. Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
7. Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
8. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
9. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
2. One (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
3. CSTT technical or tactical qualification and experience desired.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline (degree not required), or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.