General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Principal Functional Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
1. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
2. Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems.
3. Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
4. Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
5. Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
6. Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
7. Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
8. Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
9. Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
10. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
11. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
12. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
13. Conducts functional testing of various systems.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
15. May serve as technical team or task lead.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
17. Plan and coordinate the development, implementation, and execution of special projects and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.