IV&V Test Engineer (Job Number:441066)
SAIC has an opening for an IV&V Engineer located in San Diego, CA.
- Provide technical engineering support for the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) Program.
This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) testing for a variety of solutions across the ONE-Net Enterprise.
- Prepare and update test plans, test reports, and related documentation.
- Work in lab environment with engineers from all functional areas to test proposed technical solutions. Verify solutions integrate into engineering environment and follow applicable security engineering standards.
- Collaborate with multiple vendors and US Navy shore-networking government personnel to obtain technical information on their ONE-Net solutions.
- Experience with Navy Enterprise Networks such as Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), ONE-Net, and Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21) or other Department of Defense (DoD) Enterprise Networks.
- Experience developing test documentation for Department of the Navy (DoN) or DoD systems.
- Experience analyzing requirements documents for DoN or DoD systems.
- Strong technical writing skills. Ability to convey technical material to a non- technical audience.
- Possess baseline certification for DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher.
Bachelors degree with 3 years experience, additional experience in lieu of degree
Network engineering background with experience with:
- Cisco Systems routing and switching products
- Wind River network acceleration platforms (WANX devices, RiOS operating system)
- Tactical Local Area Network Encryption (TACLANE) encryption devices (KG-175D and KG-175G) Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification is a plus.
System engineering background with experience with:
- Dell and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) servers and workstations
- Microsoft server and workstation operating systems (Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Microsoft System Center (SCCM 2012 R2)
- VMware virtualization technologies (vSphere 6.x, ESXi, vCenter server)
- Backup systems (CommVault Simpana, Microsoft Windows Backup)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2, 2014 R2)
- Microsoft Exchange (2007, 2013)
- Microsoft SharePoint (2007, 2016)
- Corporate messaging and collaboration software (Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good Technology servers) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certifications is a plus
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 10:42:28 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job