Network Infrastructure Engineer (Top Secret/CCNA) (Job Number:441159)
- This position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge in network engineering design and maintenance as well as the ability to architect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer operational challenges to appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
- Provide overall enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
- Manage infrastructures for operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
- Conduct LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Use network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc).
- Perform enterprise traffic analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics) to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve network congestion/optimize the networks.
- Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Provide advanced technical analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
- Engineer, install, test, and maintain wiring (copper and fiber) infrastructures.
- Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is required.
- 5+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols. Understanding of BGP routing protocols preferred.
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- IPsec experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- CCNP or CCIE
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, security, and support of enterprise network infrastructures.
- Systems design and architecting for operational and tactical theater network installations and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+ workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc), CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, etc).
- Ability to envision, develop, coordinate, prioritize, lead, and motivate individual and team efforts to produce required and timely customer solutions.
- Solid overall communications skills.
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
Desired Qualification: Experience related to Military Occupation Codes: Navy 5312, 001045, 003006, 2781, 4741, 9295, 9306, 9307, V75B
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 9:13:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job