Tier 1.5 Remote Support Mid level (Job Number:441143)
Position Description position available for a Remote Desktop Technician in Oak Ridge, TN to perform remote management capabilities for a geographically dispersed user base. The successful candidate will be able to diagnose incidents and problems using remote management capabilities and implement corrective actions to resolve and incident or problem. If a resolution is not possible, the technician will be able to implement proper escalation procedures. The applicant will be able to manage and enforce compliance of configuration management standards as required by the customer management. The technician will be able to assist help desk agents with resolving issues on first contact by sharing technical expertise and providing surge support when necessary. This is a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- Provide remote troubleshooting utilizing remote management capabilities
- Support remote access service for agency personnel and Contractors using current and future technologies
- Utilize remote management tools to manage and update desktop system software, and to maintain configuration and inventory information.
- Support end user remote access including, but not limited to, provisioning of user IDs and passwords for agency-provided remote access tools and password resets per customer request
- Provide triage of inbound requests via phone, email, web, and chat as needed
- Create detailed tickets in the IT SMS
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relavent certification.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED and 5+ years of technical experience. Associates Degree and 3 year of related experience preferred.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical through a remote management tool
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in computer hardware/software support
- ITIL Certification
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, IE 8 and higher, Google applications, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial products
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 12:31:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job