LITES II Senior Cyber Security Penetration Tester (Job Number:441177)
SAIC is hiring a Cyber Security Penetration Tester
in Hampton, VA
The LITES II team is looking for a Red Team member to perform penetration testing and various other IT security functions at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia to include technical security assessments of applications and infrastructure, security design reviews as well as risk assessments. This is a hands-on role, requiring technical skills from the hardware to the application layer. The candidate should have experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
- Perform application & infrastructure penetration tests of systems, websites, and networks to discover/exploit vulnerabilities, as well as physical security review and social engineering tests
- Perform security reviews of application designs, source code and deployments, for all types of applications (web app, web services, mobile applications, thick client applications, cloud, etc.)
- Participate in Security Assessments
- Triage and assist with security events, incidents, and investigations
- Document exploit chain / proof of concept scenarios
- Research and provide innovative tools, solutions, processes
- Configure, run, and monitor automated security testing tools
- Prepare concise and detailed final reports for all assignments
- Limited on- call work after hours is required during special situations.
Bachelors Degree and 9+ years of IT experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related technical field of study or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring flexibility and responsiveness.
- 9 years of professional experience in computer security, software development, or networking and systems administration
- 7-9 years experience in penetration testing
- Threat Modeling experience
- Advanced knowledge of the detection, exploitation, and prevention of software vulnerabilities (i.e., SQL injection, XSS, buffer overflows)
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent self-tasking skills
- Broad Operating System knowledge
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- US Citizen
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2018, 11:22:40 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-HAMPTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job