full-time employee contract
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to “secure the future” supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support the Marine Corps Systems Command Program Manager Medium and Heavy Tactical Vehicles. This position is in Stafford, VA.
To be considered, one must currently hold a current / active SECRET clearance
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design review and altercations for Medium Heavy Tactical vehicles supporting the Marine Corps. Provides engineering design and technical service. Performs all functions of technical consulting, conceptual design, cost estimation; provides engineering drawings/specifications; obtains construction bids; performs construction management as required. Possesses working knowledge of testing and data interpretation on vibration analysis, wear materials non-destructive testing, monitoring/failure analysis and equipment failure history analysis. Performs precision machine element alignments as required. Performs CAD machine duties; reads blueprints; interprets technical specifications; estimates costs; composes reports. Performs stress, strain and deflection analysis; performs bearing and power transmission design analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience in vehicle undercarriage components such as suspension, brakes, drivelines, and steering.
- Must have experience with undercarriage component/system integration in military or heavy wheeled vehicles.
- The candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills, including the ability to develop general concepts into an actionable plan, and have the ability to present these results to senior management and government customers.
- Must hold at least a Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field, experience or Masters Degree and 7 years’ experience. At least 2 must be in Military or heavy vehicle design.
- Must be able to interface effectively with cross functional teams, multiple contractors and with the customer.
- Experience heavy vehicle design, integration and test.
- Vendor/Supplier management experience is a plus.
- Experience working in Department of Defense programs is a plus.