Principal QA Engineer - Military veterans preferred
2018-10-20 Raytheon (www.raytheon.com)
Andover Massachusetts United States
Great career opportunity for a Principal Supplier Quality Engineer with a track record of success in developing a lean, high-performing supply base.
Here at Raytheon, our Supplier Quality Professionals are involved in every stage of product delivery, from design to field support to program management. Our team of world-class professionals embraces new, complex challenges and designs ways to improve our products and processes. We are the Customer's conscience.
As a Principal Supplier Quality Engineer (Principal QA Engineer / Senior Principal QA Engineer), you’ll be responsible for supporting the IDS Supplier Quality Strategic Sourcing team. Specifically, this role will help establish and execute the IDS strategy to support service type suppliers. This will include early supplier engagement, supplier selection and participation in Best Value Source Selection activities. In this role, you’ll proactively drive the goals of Strategic Sourcing and IDS to strategically position Raytheon for future growth through a leaner, more affordable and predictable high-performing supply base.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
· Developing and executing the strategy to support service type suppliers.
· Driving early and proactive engagements with suppliers including implementation of quality control plans.
· Conducting on site Supplier Assessments and fact finding visits with responsibility for reviewing drawings and other technical data to determine appropriate quality requirements.
· Monitoring and driving improvements in areas such as supplier ratings, addressing root cause and corrective actions and recommending suppliers for improvement activity and / or removal from our approved supplier list.
Job requires travel up to 50% domestic & international
U. S. Citizenship is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
8+ years in a Technical Discipline (such as Engineering, Quality, or Operations). Experience working with any of the following quality systems: for example, ISO 9000 or AS 9100 (quality concepts, management and / or planning tools) Experience in core Quality tasks (such as planning, control and improvement)US Citizenship is required
· Independent, self-motivated individual with demonstrated success in leading results-driven high performing teams
· Experience in a production environment for entire product life cycle, with emphasis on Supplier development and management and Quality planning
· Understanding of Supplier Quality tools including Supplier Rating System (SRS), Enterprise Supplier Risk Tool (ESRT), Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR), and Supplier Health & Assessment Reporting Portal (SHARP)
· Understanding and experience dealing with supply chain and procurement processes as well as experience in audit or compliance
· Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action experience, and expertise in Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, etc.
· Working knowledge of database systems and data analysis tools · Expertise in solving complex problems using 6 Sigma Methodologies and Lean principles and tools · Six Sigma (GB or BB preferred), Lean and / or ASQ Certification · General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies, regulations and standards, including counterfeit part expertise as it relates to the DoD industry · Experience generating, reviewing and / or implementing policies and procedures. · Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills · Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills. · MS or MBA preferred · Currently has or the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 125651
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.