Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is currently seeking a UNIX / Linux System Administrator that will provide engineering support and maintenance of high priority operational systems at a high level of availability by resolving problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is an 8x5 position (with after-hours call-in responsibility) in either an Atlantic or Pacific maintenance group requiring a modified work schedule of either 5:00am - 1:00pm (Atlantic) or 12:30pm - 8:30pm (Pacific).
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Performs software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows, and VMS
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
· Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system and accurately document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools·
Collect data describing the environment at the time of the failure and perform other activities in support of E2 maintenance provider DR investigation and resolution
· Perform system monitoring, analyze and document performance and conduct trend analyses as required
· Also support system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis of system utilization and make recommendation for design changes and enhancements.
· Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems
· Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum 4 years of related Windows and/or Unix or Linux Systems Administration experience OR possess 12 years of equivalent experienceorking with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
· Must have experience configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, Centrify, LDAP, and DNS
· Must have strong background and experience troubleshooting and debugging applications
· Must be able to work under pressure in restoring high priority systems back to operations
· Current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level II (Sec+) certification required
Ability to navigate, debug, and modify programs in an advanced programming language
· Ability to write PERL, python, and shell scripts
· Experience with storage products from Oracle/Sun/STK, EMC, IBM, NetApp, and/or DDN
· Experience with virtual software technologies such as Citrix, VMware, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance are required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.