Aircraft Weapons Systems Technician (AF) (Job Number:441207)
SAIC is seeking to hire an Aircraft Weapons Systems Technician at Cannon AFB, NM
- Provide technical support for the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems in the areas of field service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training support to the Air Force squadron at Cannon AFB.
- Provide onsite technical support for weapons and associated equipment used by the squadron.
- Act as the liaison between the squadron and the Small Arms Branch at NSWC Crane, for any technical issues related to the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and 6+ years of related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- 2 years’ experience with ammunition and weapons management environment
- 2 years of preventive/corrective weapons maintenance experience.
- Possess the motivation and ability to research directives, regulations, and policies to determine solutions to problems, issues, and concerns.
- Commitment to customer service, ability to manage and meet deadlines, proactive in identifying and solving problems, computer literate in appropriate software packages and ability to understand and implement standards.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas in concrete terms for the adult user.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift (M-F)), with the possibility of working various weekends when required.
- Must be willing to travel CONUS up to 50% of the time.
- Dexterity in fingers of both hands, pickup and carry 70 lbs. for distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties.
- Prior Air Force experience is also a plus.
- Experience in reading and understanding technical manual fundamentals and procedures.
- Experience with Military weapons systems and maintenance practices will be beneficial.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 8:01:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-CANNON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time