Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Intelligence Analyst (Job Number:441164)
- SAIC is seeking an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Intelligence Analyst in Patuxent River, MD.
- Candidate will function as an integral team member comprised of Government, military, and contractor personnel that provide program, engineering and technical support to NAVAIR (PMA-262) Broad Area Maritime Surveillance - Demonstrator (BAMS-D) flight operations, assigned exercises and/or experiments.
- He/She will participate as a BAMS-D crew member within the Tactical Auxiliary Ground Station (TAGS) performing tactical analysis, webpage management, and database management during missions in direct support to fleet operations.
- Will assist in Airspace Integration activities to include coordination with the FAA, ATC and other Government agencies for all specifics of BAMS-D airspace access, development of all documentation for Certificates of Authorization (CoA), Letters of Agreements (LOA), and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Candidate will work with various contractors, military, and Government personnel to ensure all scheduling, operations and airspace, are coordinated and all participants understand their roles and responsibilities.
- He/She will assist in the development of the detailed BAMS-D operations schedule, taking into account long term requirements, maintenance, and manning requirements, balancing all to achieve the most efficient schedule.
- Will also assist in development of training syllabi for operations personnel; and assist with liaison with the fleet, ATC, and other external customers to meet all requirements.
- Candidate will assist in developing tactics, operational concepts, scenario development, and procedures for bringing long dwell maritime patrol UAS capabilities to bear in the current maritime environment and missions expected of this type of system.
- Test Support will include participating as test/experimentation crew, responsible for overall real-time achievement of set test/experimentation objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and five (5) years of naval or other military operations experience are required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution and eight (8) years of naval or other military operations experience; OR high school diploma or GED and twelve (12) years of naval or other military operations experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Operational experience in Navy flight operations, scheduling, airspace integration and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) development or specialized experience in intelligence collection process in support of the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) community.
- Experience in DoD aviation related programs, systems engineering / integration of complex systems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment comprised of military, Government and contractor personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and five (5) years of experience are preferred.
- Experience with UAS systems highly desired.
- Maritime ISR skills and experience in UAS operations highly desired.
- Experience as a Sensor Operator for aviation platforms (P-3 AIP Sensor 3 operator, S-3 or helicopter) is desired.
- Experience in technical writing and editing is a plus.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 8:16:21 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-PATUXENT RIVER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job