VMWare Administrator (Job Number:441161)
- The VMware Administrator will support the full system engineering life- cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation of VMware.
- This includes: VMware, vSphere and View environments.
- Candidate must lead client/server operations and maintenance, configuration management installations, performance, capacity planning, office automation, system management, and problem Tier II ticket analysis.
The VMware Administrator will perform the following activities:
- Responsible for making operational decisions within all VMware Suites associated with system/application activity and performance to ensure stability of the environment.
- Ensure that the VMware system is optimized for the utilization of SAN storage and resource allocation.
- Maintain the VDI infrastructure ensuring IAVA compliance by completing scheduled recomposes/refreshes
- Maintain VM snapshots
- Candidate must be able to adhere to adverse schedules due to the nature of the missions supported by USCENTCOM.
- Expertise planning, designing and leading a variety of complex project tasks applying knowledge of network protocols, architectures and configuration changes.
- Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support engineering requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Coordinate and assign all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the command.
- Expertise identifying, implementing and directing project based software or hardware upgrades while adhering to the USCENTCOM Change Management Process.
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience: OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Security + CE certification (IAT Level 2)
- 5+ years of professional IT experience, with at least 2 years’ experience administering and optimizing VMware products while supporting virtual servers and applications.
- Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
- A minimum of 2+ years VMware enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience may include: VMware HA or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Experience implementing VMware with EMC storage.
- ESX 5.5/6.0/6.5 (vSphere) experience.
- HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS BLADE SERVER experience.
- Experience in migrating servers according to resource requirements
- Experience with ESXi, vSphere, and IDRAC updating
- Experience in configuring VMware clusters for ease of management, support of data bases, UNIX and Windows OS.
- Experience in designing VMware environments to scale to customer demands.
- Experience in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
- vRealize (VROM)
- Domain Controller (DC).
- Active Directory (AD)
- Domain Name Server (DNS.)
- Windows Server update Services (WSUS).
- System Management Server (SMS).
- Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- VMWare 6.x, VCP or higher certifications
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 9:07:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job