District of Columbia
Senior Cyber Security Analyst/Validator – Virtual/Remote (Job Number:441048)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Cyber Security Analyst/Validator for Dept of Navy - VIRTUAL
The security control validator is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls. The validator leads a team of cybersecurity analysts who complete the cybersecurity tasks to be validated.
- Reviews cybersecurity RMF packages for 21 systems
- Tracks 21 systems progress and coordinates with inside and outside groups to accomplish RMF Step 1-3 tasks
- Tracks vulnerability testing and scans, as well as configuration updates.
- Tracks all Category I and II vulnerabilities within the systems
- Works with the System Administrators to ensure STIGs are applied within the environment
- Operates software tools needed to effectively observe and analyze network vulnerabilities
- Configures and carries out necessary testing on dedicated application vulnerability.
- Plans scans to effectively detect malicious software and hardware that might be present on the network.
- Carries out audits of existing and newly acquired systems
- Making recommendations on particular improvements to internal controls and security
- Carrying out information security risk assessment annually in accordance with the RMF framework.
- Ensure anomalies are effectively handled by developing prompt response procedures.
- Completing statistical and status reports, as well as providing fast and timely responses.
- Identifying ways to improve security by suggesting configuration changes to server, network, client, and/or security devices.
- Coordinating with the Systems Administration team for network updates, patches and version changes.
- Preparing weekly reports
- Presenting results and progress to the team in Weekly Reviews
- Work with other cybersecurity team members to ensure Steps 1-3 of the RMF process are completed satisfactorily
- Experience with A&A process
- Experience in leading and training a small team
- Experience in all Steps of the RMF process and completing the tasks in Steps 4-5 of the RMF process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to capture meeting minutes accurately and quickly
Optional but preferred:
- Track all systems utilizing MS Project
- Provide status utilizing SharePoint site
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 9+ years of IT experience or H.S. Degree and 13+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Ideally with 5 years’ experience in security programs and processes for the protection of sensitive or classified information
DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level II Certification - required
DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level III Certification - desired
SECRET Clearance required
Telecommuting is 100% from anywhere in US as long as employee has consistent internet and phone
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 3:09:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-IL-FLEXWORK, United States-NY-FLEXWORK, United States-KS-FLEXWORK, United States-CA-FLEXWORK, United States-GA-FLEXWORK, United States-TX-FLEXWORK, United States-NJ-FLEXWORK, United States-FL-FLEXWORK, United States-VA-FLEXWORK, United States-PA-FLEXWORK, United States-CO-FLEXWORK, United States-DC-FLEXWORK, United States-SC-FLEXWORK, United States-AL-FLEXWORK, United States-MD-FLEXWORK, United States-CT-FLEXWORK, United States-MA-FLEXWORK, United States-NC-FLEXWORK, United States-OH-FLEXWORK