General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for program(s) with annual revenues of $10-50 million.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
10-12 years of related program management experience.
Three years total experience as a Program Manager on projects of comparable complexity and scope of 170 FTEs providing specialized software development and engineering services in support of technical operations.
Demonstrated experience successfully managing disparately located personnel.
Demonstrated and current experience managing a program delivering systems/tools/solutions in production, while transitioning to better technology solutions
Demonstrated experience managing cost, schedule, and budget of contract against mission requirements and prioritization.
Demonstrates and current experience managing programs delivering technologically complex solutions to address 24/7 near-real time data processing/availability requirements.
Demonstrated and current experience managing programs delivering tactical technical operations solutions to OCONUS locations and foreign government enitities, on behald of the IC
Prior experience managing projects with dependencies across IC elements
-Prior experience managing projects with OCONUS short and long term deployment
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, or equivalent technical discipline, or minimum of six years of work experience in IT development projects
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.