General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
xperience with design of systems and networks, systems analysis, and software engineering.
Experience with virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, thin/zero client technologies, client-server and storage systems.
Extensive experience with network design. Experience with MacAfee HBSS, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
Must have experience operating and designing classified networks at the Secret and TS/SCI levels.
Experience with tactical Military Intelligence systems, specifically the Distributed Common Ground System Army (DCGS-A) mobile.
Familiarity with procedures for disposition, transport, handling, and maintenance of equipment operating at levels of security classification of Secret and above
TS/SCI Personal Security Clearance
IAT level III certification required IAW DoD instruction 8570.1m
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters degree preferred.