General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for supervising 15 or more employees. Ensure all activities are controlled, scheduled, monitored, reported, and managed consistent with the requirements set forth in this SSOW. As the single program manager who has the responsibility within the Subcontractor’s organization to perform all tasks specified herein. The program manager shall be responsible for managing the entire effort (including second tier subcontractors, if any) required by the SSOW. The program manager’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, management of cost, schedule, technical coordination and status.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience. 10 years’ experience managing Information Technology organizations.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.