Senior LAN Engineer (Job Number:441240)
- A successful candidate will serve as a Senior Engineer for the NASA NICS Enterprise LAN Service Line.
- This position will fill a key role in helping lead the architecture and design of NASA’s LANs across the entire Agency.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Developing target architectures for LANs to be used at all NASA centers
- Working with engineers across the Agency to help guide the evolution of networks in alignment with established standards
- Testing and development of approved networking products for use on the NICS contract
- Management and support for NASA’s Enterprise Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) environment including over 40 appliances supporting all NASA centers.
- Planning for the insertion of new technologies such as Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Testing and validation of new designs and software upgrades in NASA’s lab environment prior to deployment into production
- Development of detailed Release and Deployment Packages (RDP) to be implemented by the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- BS Degree in related field with 9 years of related experience or High School Diploma and 14 years of related experience.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco or Juniper campus networks.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of LAN network design, IPv6, routed data protocols and hardware platforms.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to develop technical guidance documents and multitasking between multiple ongoing projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met.
- Advanced vendor certifications such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE.
- Experience with Cisco ISE is preferred.
- Additional experience supporting large-scale networks in an enterprise environment is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 8:10:21 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job