General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
1. Perform extensive hands on network router and switch operational administration and troubleshooting duties.
2. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
3. Experience with Enterprise level implementation and configuration of CISCO VoIP technologies
4. Experience working with, configuring, and troubleshooting Type I encryption devices (KG-175’s, KG-250’s, & KG-255’s)
5. Must possess a working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, Nexus, phones, & VTC related network hardware and software.
6. Experience working with Riverbed and F5 devices desired.
7. In-depth knowledge of WAN architectures and ability to troubleshoot complex routing issues
8. Install and support various Data Center and Enterprise routing and switching infrastructure (maintain edge, core, aggregation and access layer Network devices)
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Knowledge of remediation methodologies in accordance with DISA compliance standards and checklists (STIGs and SRGs).
11. Expertise in technical writing such as Policy’s, Standard Operating Procedures, and Technical Improvement Plans.
12. In-depth knowledge SolarWinds modules and REGEX a plus.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. May be required to work overtime and carry a rotating recall phone for after-hours or weekend support.
16. Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
17. Must have current CCNA R&S and be able to achieve CCNP R&S Certification within 90 days of hire for elevated privileges on the network.
18. Minimum Security + CE required for positions requiring elevated privileges on the network.
19. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
20. The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety
precautions, and adherence to GD-IT and local command dress code.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.