Office Administrator (Job Number:441246)
- SAIC is seeking an Office Administrator to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs, and OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Provide administrative support to the OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Assist with administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Provide administrative office support in addressing the workload (tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
- Hand-carry legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day.
- Open and close actions using the suspense tracking system (STS).
- Perform general editing functions; answer phone calls; escort non-cleared personnel in the office; maintain files; and prepare correspondence o Make copies; scan documents; produce files; assist in scheduling and monthly reports; and maintain basic office functions.
- Provide periodic database, indexing, and archival support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- Daily work hours are 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Experience with the OGC data file system or similar filing systems
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non- legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand legal documents
- The ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi- task
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2018, 11:08:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job