full-time employee contract
· Under minimal supervision provides front-line
support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications and hardware.
Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or
applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction
according to defined policies. Works with engineers to resolve tier 2 and Tier
3 support issues. Trains end-users on software packages and standard IT
procedures as required; participates in new application rollouts, testing and
special projects as needed.
· Provides technical support by performing
installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and
related software/hardware. Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and
identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up
steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as
they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and
firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS
· Either have or able to obtain CompTia Security+
certification within 6 months of start date
· Experience working in military healthcare
· Good organizational skills
· Effective communication skills (oral &
· General understanding of how computers connect to
networks / servers
· Knowledge of basic computer concepts, and the
· Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and
Outlook—able perform basic tasks with these applications such as word
processing, sending email, etc.
· Working knowledge of basic hardware such as
printers and scanners, media storage
· Prior experience with DHA
· Experience working with AHLTA and/or CHCS