full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Data Analyst, in the Reston, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• The Data Analyst shall support the customer through the application of programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets using mathematical, statistical, or other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions.
• The Data Analyst will apply and enhance their skills with developing, running, and analyzing results of complex queries against massive scale data stores/data processing environment(s).
• Defines database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
• Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
• Advises applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
• Ensures economic and efficient availability of data within adequate safeguards.
• Develops expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
• Develops procedures to address needs of JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
• Ensures that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
• Develops procedures relating to database and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn.
• Develops procedures for periodic database backup. Participates as a leader and as the senior team member.
TS/SCI clearance required with Full Scope Polygraph