Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), specializes in air and missile defense, large land- and sea-based radars and systems for managing command, control, communications, computers, cyber, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. It also produces sonars, torpedoes and electronic systems for ships. IDS is headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, USA.As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Visit us at and follow us on Twitter .
Your Mission: Interested in making the world a safer place?
IDS Global Trade, within the Office of General Counsel, is seeking an intern for the summer of 2019 in Tewksbury, MA. This role supports Global Trade Operations and Global Trade Counsel with projects focused on business management, execution strategy, and legal matters. During the internship, the intern will develop an understanding of Raytheon’s business operations and the impact of international trade and business regulations, including the U.S. ITAR and EAR, on international business pursuits and operations.
Located at the IDS business unit headquarters, this role provides opportunity to learn how Raytheon’s Global Trade team is a key contributor to execution of Raytheon’s international business pursuits, success in meeting financial targets, the creation of a competitive advantage for Raytheon’s businesses, and maintaining Raytheon’s reputation as a world-class international trade compliance program.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
What we are looking for: Basic Qualifications
- Support Trade Counsel with reviewing and investigating potential incidents involving policy and regulatory non-compliance and conducting root cause / corrective action analyses
- Assist Trade Counsel in global trade audits of export/import policies, procedures, and records in compliance with U.S. and local law
- Assist Global Trade management with various projects, including constructing and evaluating business metrics intended to steer operational business decisions
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of Raytheon employees, customers, and business partners representing an array of job functions
- Monitor, review and assess internal Global Trade operations using internal processes
- Complete a Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist project
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an emphasis in law, political science, international relations, economics, history, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient with basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and e-mail programs
- Proficient in Arabic and English (both written and oral); must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management via email, telephone, and in person.
- Completed, at minimum, 60 hours of college credit towards their degree as of the summer 2019.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in teams and across the enterprise
- Proactive approach to projects and assignments
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under little supervision once responsibilities are understood
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives and deadlines, with guidance from team leads
- Experience with managing data or metrics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.