Raytheon Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions, and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
The Cyber Security Analyst supports the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), which is responsible for leading the investigation, clean up and reporting of all malware infections, suspicious files and other issues.
The duties of the analyst include analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents; and coordinate with the Network Defense O&M ream to ensure all security monitoring systems on-line, up to date and operational.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for 24x7 monitoring of security events from all the various sensors and agents, providing analysis and correlation, provide situational awareness level reports and trending reports.
* Responsible for detection, triage initial investigation, and response and reporting.
* Coordinate and respond to events on all of the monitored networks and the systems on those networks.
* Work together as a team to develop skills, sources and methods to provide the best possible cyber defense capability to protect the Sponsors IT assets from all manner of cyber threats, attacks and exploitation.
* Work together with Customer personnel to develop relationships across industry, the federal government, and the Intelligence Community to maintain awareness an status of all relevant cyber defense initiative, indicators list, threat reports, incident response, technique, and cyber defense technologies to ensure that Agency cyber defenses are effective and incorporating the best possible protections.
* Analysts provide analysis and recommendations on all cyber defense issues.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Cyber Security Experience (specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience, especially with emerging technologies.), commensurate with education, as outlined below.
* Strong technical skills and analytic abilities, as well as, experience performing network security analysis and risk management.
* Broad knowledge of network architectures and network management tools
* Demonstrated ability to perform complex technical tasks in pursuit of overall goals with minimal direction.
* First rate written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to translate an understanding of systems and applications into security test plans and perform hands on security testing.
* Knowledge of risk management methodologies.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze test results and suggest mitigations for security problems.
* Broad knowledge of Information Security policies and guidance, as well as the ability to assist in researching, evaluating, and developing relevant security policies and guidance.
* Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Assurance policies and regulations and how the certification and accreditation (C&A) process relates to it.
* Ability and skill in using Information Assurance test and risk assessment tools.
* Considerable knowledge in monitoring network defense technologies and analyzing the products produces.
* Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks so that work is completed on schedule
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
* Experience with Network Defense monitoring tools and systems, Lotus Notes, Microsoft office, Information Assurance assessment tools, encryption technologies, and identity and authentication technologies.
* Enterprise Network Monitoring Center operating 24x7
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
* Masters plus 3 years' experience; Bachelors plus 5 years' experience; Associate plus 7 years' experience; High School/GED plus 9 years' experience.
* Either an ISC2 CISSP certification or SANS GSEC certification within 9 months of start date on the contract.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
*** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. ***
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.