Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services communications team is seeking an experienced Public Relations Representative. This teammate is responsible for closely collaborating with the IIS public relations lead to develop and implement the company's PR strategy. By partnering with IIS leaders, the Public Relations Representative will also drive execution of the company's public relations campaigns and guide their execution with the IIS mission areas. This position is responsible for developing effective communication products including press releases, media pitches, op-eds and pre-interview briefings. The Public Relations Representative will also build and leverage relationships with trade journalists and reporters in our nationwide locations. Candidate will provide counsel to business leaders at the business segment level.
- Bachelor degree and 8+ years of related experience in communications, including public relations.
- Experience in aerospace and defense industry and working with industry journalists highly preferred
- Experience in PR agency highly preferred
- Experience with Tier One media highly preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills; including the use of AP style
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience successfully developing and managing communications plans from concept through execution
- Strong executive presence and ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, program managers and subject matter experts in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex material and break it down into concise, compelling stories that engage the readers
- Ability to develop message architecture and key messages to drive engagement with external audiences
- Familiarity with current communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including shareable content, video and social media
- Excellent reasoning and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership skills that fit in a collaborative, consultative environment
- Excellent communication planning, implementation and measurement/evaluation skills
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field and 8 years of related experience in communications, including public relations, or Masters and 6 years of related experience is preferred.
- Periodic travel required (for company meetings, media visits, professional gatherings, etc.)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126131BR 126131
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.