General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Position duties: Provides development engineering and programming support to mission supporting applications. Designs and develops mission applications in a Web environment. Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May manage websites including design, development, deployment and maintenance activities as well as performing testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
Strong understanding of the SDLC
Experience in Data Management
Experience with relational databases and SQL
Knowledge of software practices and configuration management
Experience with JIRA, Git, Artifactory, or related tools
Experience working no large mission critical software projects
Experience with continuous integration
Effective oral and written communications skills
Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
Experience with Extract, Load, and Transform (ETL) tolls
Amazon Web Services
Automated functional and non-functional testing
Experience Selenium, JUnit or related tools
Experience working in an Agile development environment
Experience using scripting languages such as Python
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.