Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Thermal Performance Engineer
Job Number: 1074409
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Develop conceptual designs of thermal power and cogeneration plants; including gas turbines, combined cycle, cogeneration, and integrated processes such as IGCC
• Perform simulation modeling of power & steam systems in standalone power plants, and process/chemical facilities
• Develop PFDs and heat & material balances, process descriptions, utility requirements, and equipment sizing calculations
• Support analysis, evaluation and optimization of thermal performance of power generation cycles utilizing thermodynamic engineering principles in techno-economic feasibility studies
• Prepare written reports and/or presentations on the results of studies
• Support the development of thermal performance testing requirements and procedures to demonstrate compliance with contractual performance guarantees, e.g. following the requirements of ASME PTC-46 including uncertainty analysis.
* Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in a mechanical or chemical engineering from an accredited university, preferably with a focus on thermodynamics
• At least 2 years power plant or equipment design experience
• Strong knowledge of thermodynamic principles of thermal steam or combined cycle power plants
• Experience with thermodynamic modelling tools; such as GateCycle and Thermoflow
• Familiarity with plant PFDs and Heat Balance diagrams
• Team player in a dynamic, energetic, and proactive environment with a desire for career advancement
• Demonstrated writing & organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience/knowledge of power & utility systems in process/refining/chemical plants is a plus, but not mandatory
• Field Engineering/Testing experience is a plus, but not mandatory
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.