General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Serve as Systems Engineer IV providing Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division, Dam Neck Activity (NSWCDD-DNA) with contractor support for Combat Systems that range from unit level combat systems such as Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Advanced Combat Direction System (ACDS), and AEGIS, to operational level Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Cyber security, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C6ISR).
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Specific Experience refers to Computer Software Engineering Experience in any of the following nine (9) specific areas:
1. Computer program and Approved Articles Package (AAP) documentation development review and maintenance
2. Computer program generation/tactical disk build and laboratory Load Cycle
3. Computer Program audit and verification of certified configurations to include combat system software and/or equipment for AAP’s.
4. Computer Program Installations and Shipboard/Site Load Cycle.
5. Coordination of ship/site installations and fleet issue and resolution.
6. COTS Operating Systems (e.g., HP-UX, HP-RT, Solaris, PowerMax, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), RedHawk, etc.).
7. Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network Communication Protocols and Cisco IOS configuration and troubleshooting
8. Versa Module Europa (VME) or Compact Peripheral Computer Interface (cPCI) Single-Board Computer (SBC) and Symmetric Multi-Processor (SMP) operation, configuration, architecture and troubleshooting.
9. Blade Servers or other High density architecture computing systems operation, configuration, architecture, and troubleshooting.
Ten (10) years of professional experience.
Seven (7) years must have been full-time experience at the system level.
Absent a Master’s level degree, a Bachelor level degree in one of the indicated fields with a documented record of experience showing adequate breadth and depth of Electrical/Electronics Engineering mastery may be acceptable.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.