CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked one of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies since 2016, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
The Internet Sales Consultant is the first point of contact for customers making inquiries about purchasing or selling a vehicle at select CarMax stores. The team is responsible for assisting customers through the CarMax sales/purchasing process and effectively driving customer traffic to the stores that leads to sales or purchase activity. Additionally, this team provides phone support for the Small Store operation that includes non-sales related customer interactions.
Internet Sales Consultants utilize the CarMax Professional Selling Principles to take customers as far along in their transactions as possible prior to visiting the store. The primary responsibilities of this role include taking calls, responding to emails and making customer contact in a timely manner. In addition to responding to customer inquiries about the CarMax Sales Process, the Internet Sales Consultant will provide information regarding the availability of vehicles, assist the customer in determining a vehicle of interest, and effectively influence customers to take the next step in the CarMax sales process: to visit a CarMax store or purchase a MaxCare renewal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interact with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions utilizing CarMax products and services.
• Influence customers through the sales and vehicle appraisal processes, including documenting customer leads, arranging vehicle transfers and successful delivery of customer credit decisions in a way that is positive and compels them to want to do business with CarMax.
• Take inbound telephone calls, and answer questions to influence customers to take the next step in the CarMax sales process.
• Make outbound calls to follow-up with customers in a timely manner or targeted time frames in order to keep customers engaged in the sales process and follow up on the customer needs and requests
• Review web leads and customer emails and correspond with customers through email channels.
• Verify customer information and follow-up as necessary. Advise customers of the status of their sales or appraisal process by reviewing information on internal CarMax systems.
• Actively listen and respond to customer needs.
• Process credit applications by obtaining customer information and keying it into company systems. Use the understanding of credit requirements to educate customers on vehicle and financing options that best meet the customer’s needs.
• Process MaxCare renewals and customer payments via internal computer systems.
• Annotate customer contacts in internal systems to document all interactions with customers.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including sales licensing regulations.
• Maintain product and company knowledge (i.e., CarMax products, types of vehicles that would meet customer needs, financing options, titles and extended service policies).
• Work with other CAF departments and CarMax stores where necessary to resolve customer questions/issues.
• Perform above functions under limited supervision and within department expectations/metrics.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-paced work environment.
• Use a variety of professional selling principles to educate and influence customers
• Speak and actively listen with CarMax customers via telephone.
• Ability to effectively communicate via email at a business appropriate level to include reading and professionally responding in writing.
• Ability to identify problems and use sound judgment in resolving or escalating as needed.
• Effectively handle stressful interactions with customers.
• Ability and desire to work in a strong team based environment.
• Ability to successfully complete state licensing requirements.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including state vehicle salesperson regulations where applicable.
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to complete accurate paperwork and maintain records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma, or equivalent or 6 months related experience.
• Basic computer knowledge and typing skills.