This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
This is a mid-level position in the S3 RF Mechanical Design Department (S3RFMDD), STE Tooling & Document Quality Section examines engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and practicability; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation. May refer to established precedents and policies. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting Program objectives. Candidate will perform a wide variety of tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations.
• Mechanical checking and design experience may include areas such as electrical /mechanical packaging, harnessing, structures, surfacing and mechanisms.
• Must have complete understanding and application of principles, practices and standards for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation.
• Must have full knowledge of industry practices and standards and able to identify and correct design, drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
• Technical knowledge sufficient to perform complex tasks such as preparation of tabulated details, large assemblies, castings and other preforms, interface control drawings, modification and retrofit installation drawings and various layouts for design concepts.
• Must have knowledge of the application of documentation specifications such as MIL-DTL-31000, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100 related to design and preparation of technical data packages.
• Must have the ability to apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing form controls in accordance with ASME or ANSI Y14.5M.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently; demonstrated leadership skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance or SSBI
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficient user of Creo
• Proficient user of Common PDM or Windchill.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Demonstrated experience using documentation specifications such as MIL-DTL-31000, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100.
• Knowledge of Raytheon Drafting Standard, Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation checking.
• Background in manufacturing methods/processes and assembly fixtures and gages design.
• Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills.
• Existing Secret clearance or SSBI
Must have a (Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years experience) or (Associate’s Degree in technical field with 8+ years experience) or (High School diploma or equivalent with 12+ years experience).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126625BR 126625
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.