Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Dulles?
| Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: |
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
US Citizenship is required.
Raytheon is seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer for our portfolio of programs at our Dulles, VA location. The Cyber Security Engineer will join the Cyber Security Engineering team as a Cyber Security professional, in Information Assurance, supporting the development and maintenance of custom solutions.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom-developed products
• Preparation of documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
• Arrange, support and/or lead Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirement
• Functional knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to support customer needs and requirements.
This position is located at our Dulles campus in Dulles, VA.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance with Counter-Intelligence (CI) Polygraph
Requires the Aptitude to:
• Apply a wide application of technical theories, and concepts in Cyber Engineering
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems that are imaginative, thorough, and consistent with organization objectives
• Work with only general direction
• Independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects
• Frequently collaborate with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
• Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
Required Skills and Certifications:
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NISPOM and/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• 3+ years experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture with the ability to recommend solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in, at minimum 3, of the following areas:
? Linux system administration
? Windows system administration
? Network component administration
? VMware administration
? Operating system hardening
? Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
? Vulnerability assessment testing, analytics and remediation
? Software and/or Protocol(s) (LDAP/Active Directory, Tripware)
? Certification and Accreditation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
? Developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation (e.g. XACTA)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
• Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
Desired Skills and Certifications:
• Experience in the design and development of cloud-based systems, security architectures and analytics development
• Security Certifications in accordance to DoD 8570 (IAT Level I preferred); Security +; CISSP; SANS GSEC
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (Waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
• Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
• Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
4 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree; 2 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.