Sr. Software Engineer (Job Number:441152)
- * Design, develop, debug, integrate, test and sustain ground equipment software solutions that supports systems, subsystems and unit level elements of the spacecraft/vehicle throughout its entire design life cycle which include operations/sustainment and end of life phases.
- They work closely with the Electrical, Aerospace and Systems Engineers to determine the correct requirements and equipment specifications to accommodate the flight spacecraft/vehicle.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex software problems.
- Develops software solutions to ensure that all Aerospace Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and services meet organization standards and customer requirements.
- Follows released software development process and participates in peer software reviews.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline, or four (4) years of a demonstrated and established knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to specific technical disciplines of the SOW.
- In addition, five (5)years of experience as a software developer creating or maintaining operating systems, communications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, or utility programs for software applications.
- Five (5+) years of experience with multiple programming languages such as C, C++,and with software development lifecycle, architecture, and design.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment and a demonstrated understanding of network architecture, design, and integrated testing.
- Experience developing software using Microsoft visual studio and experience with satellite ground station software solutions is preferred.
- Must currently obtain a Secret - must be able to obtain a TS
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 11:59:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job