System Administrator/Network Administrator SPAWAR (Job Number:441384)
SAIC is currently looking for a System Administrator with a TS/SCI clearance to support Navy Sites and Programs of Record. Job responsibilities:
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Performs a variety of assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
Required Education & Experience:
- Degree in engineering, computer science or STEM. Associates Degree and 4 years related technical work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advance degrees.
Required Skills include:
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Prior Navy Experience as a SYSADMIN
- Afloat / Ashore experience, NCTAMS, NCTS, NIOC or CPT.
- Warfare qualifications IW, SW, AW, EXW
- Experience in administering and configuration of a VMware environment
- Experience as a UNIX/Linux system administrator
- Experience with configuring and administering of Amazon Web Services
- Ability to possess an CSWF IAT II certification level (Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 Linux OS and Security+ or equivalent)
- Active TS/SCI
- Less than 10%
- * *ICAF*
- SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 2:50:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job