General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
This position is typically populated by degreed professional subject-matter experts performing specialized analysis and design tasks. It is not to be used for technical support or help desk staff performing installation, troubleshooting, and/or repair tasks.
1. Processes all new asset requests received from the program manager, team lead or customer by constructing the virtual data linkage of the asset and the asset owner.
2. Assigns and creates tasks to contract personnel to perform the required action on the asset.
3. Performs data research and analysis on the customer's existing assets by conducting a database search on all customer assets.
4. Generates reports on existing assets and is analyzed to determine the correct action to perform.
5. Contacts asset owner to advise of the status of the asset and make recommendations to close out or renew the asset.
6. Processes all updates on existing assets, and ensures updates are loaded into the customer's enterprise system.
7. Produces weekly and monthly matrix of work performed to be used for status reporting purposes and for the Program Monthly Report.
8. Creates and updates the Standard Operating Procedures library to ensure all job duties and fuctions are documented for completeness to be utilized for training purposes.
9. Participates in the beta testing of the customer's enterprise system and Sharepoint systems to make recommendations to the customer's software development team on the functionality of the system as it related to specific job functions.
10. Performs ad-hoc projects as defined and assigned by the customer and/or program manager to accomodate the needs of the customer.
11. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
12. Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
13. Researches, identifies, and assists in the formulation of recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
14. Participates in the development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
15. Identifies and recommends emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
16. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures and training materials.
17. Conducts functional testing of various systems.
18. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
19. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of related experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.