Front-End Developer (Job Number:441376)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The candidate will support www.Army.mil, the official website of the United States Army, through the development and maintenance of microsites and the content management system (CORE). The candidate should be adaptable to a steady development pace and capable of working independently, as well as within a team environment. The full-time position is based in the Arlington, VA (Rosslyn), and the hours of duty are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Primary job duties of Developer:
- Familiar with development environment tools such as: Grunt, Node, Vagrant, SVN and Git.
- Familiar with development principles such as: DRY, SOLID, Separation of Concerns and Design Patterns.
- Experience working with cloud-services like AWS.
- Familiar with developing in a Linux based environment.
- Familiar with frameworks such as: Laravel and Angular.
- Basic understanding of common algorithms and data structures.
- Perform interface implementation, as well as integration of Web applications with backend databases (such as MySQL).
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Provide strong navigation and site design guidance.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Provide technical assistance for the development, design, and systems integration across multiple client engagements from definition phase through implementation.
- Stay familiar with multiple development methodologies and evaluate technical risks and issues throughout the project. Able to easily learn new concepts and apply them.
- Good problem-solving skills. Able to suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Participate in backend development of the Army.mil content management system application using a PHP/MySQL infrastructure.
- Participate in mobile development of websites (responsive design, HTML5) and/or mobile applications (iOS, Android).
- Integrate external APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, YouTube, etc) into the www.Army.mil Web application.
- Must be able to effectively develop using a MAMP or LAMP stack.
- Participate in regular Scrum meetings and adhere to the Agile Development process.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year or more of experience in web and mobile application development.
- Shall be fluent in the English language and have the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Applicant must have or must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance. (Cannot start without clearance.)
- Developer, Engineer, Social Media, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Government, Creative, Technical, Web, Online, Public Affairs
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 11:39:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job