Instrument Systems Engineer (Job Number:441232)
SAIC is seeking an Instrument Systems Engineer supporting the NASA JPSS Project in the area of satellite instrument development, commensurate with the program phase, from concept through operations. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
• Collection and synthesis of objective technical information relevant to the current instrument development phase.
• Identify and resolve technical risks and/or issues affecting instrument development.
• Organize and prioritize Project technical resources to address multiple issues in a given time frame.
• Will assess and communicate instrument development status.
• Identify and advocate project and program management of best practices to achieve mission success.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (in engineering, physical science, or equivalent technical discipline) and 12 years of applicable direct experience with earth-observing instrument flight hardware.
• Experience with NASA flight system development practices and approaches is required.
• Proven knowledge and expertise in at least one core area of systems engineering— requirements, design, component procurement and/or assembly, integration, test—is required.
• The proven capability to evaluate issues and solve problems from a systems perspective.
• Proven ability to organize teams and coordinate work across multiple areas simultaneously.
• Self- sufficiency, initiative, and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• The ability and motivation to work effectively and collaboratively with Government, Aerospace and Contractor personnel are required.
• Experience with NASA-developed or acquired instruments.
• Experience in multiple areas of satellite systems engineering.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 9:39:23 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-LANHAM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job