full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Data Scientist Engineer in the Herndon, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designing, building, and maintaining big data solutions
• Designing, building, and running an enterprise-wide, high visibility, resilient and available data platform
• Solving relational and non-relational data problems
• Synthesizing data sets and identifying correlations to make new, usable information
• Maintaining code and related documentation in appropriate configuration management repositories
• Briefing projects and designs as required (engineering review boards, management meetings, etc.)
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
• Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 10 years of experience is required
• Must be fluent in Java
• Experience automating everything: data ingest, monitoring, system updates, and code releases is a must
• Experience operating in Agile or Kanban environments a must
• Experience with developing data models/specifications ats and managing their lifecycles is a must
• Experience with NoSQL and Databases a is required
• Prior development experience on Linux platforms a must
• Understands RESTful API best practices and implementation and can either build or interact with RESTful web services
• Excellent problem solving skills a must
• Excellent verbal and written skills a must
• Experience with data science (e.g., trending, anomaly/pattern detection, learned validation) is highly desired
• Ability to present data in a UI is highly desired