LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Raytheon Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise IT Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
Lead Systems Engineer supporting a program that spans technical and management services, hardware, software, data, security and facilities to support the full lifecycle of system planning, acquisition, implementation, operations, enhancement, sustainment, and retirement of IT systems, data, and infrastructure, cloud migration and security services for a key customer in the intelligence community. Responsible for enabling high performing technical execution, collaborating with Government stakeholders, ensuring accurate technical reporting, and improving program processes in areas such as development/DevOps, O&M, cloud migration and/or Cyber Security.
The Lead Systems Engineer maintains a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and organizational requirements; be able to apply the project management model selected for a given development effort; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications. Work involves being able to develop end-to-end cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for CIO Project Management Program control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status.
Works with the Program Manager, Scheduler, and Data Manager and customer stakeholders to ensure operational excellence and delivery across the organization.
JOB DUTIES, TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for providing engineering support and leadership for major projects/programs that have significant organizational impact or are linked to major goals defined in the organizational strategy.
* Act as business partner between IT groups, lines of business and other stakeholders working with to develop, prioritize, and execute the sponsor's IT portfolio.
* Communicate effectively with sponsors, stakeholders and team members. Reports on the status, issues, key activities and any changes to projects. Proactively identifies and communicates risks on projects to ensure they are properly mitigated prior to issues arising.
* Work collaboratively across the organization to integrate and harmonize the IT deployment and support of IT services.
* Is involved in the development of technology roadmaps to ensure they accurately represent the current and upcoming needs of particular IT programs under his/her leadership.
* Work with stakeholders team to perform requirements analysis across disparate problem domains and ensure proper decomposition, allocation, traceability and testing.
* Collaborates with multiple Government-led threads and product development teams to ensure completion based process consistency and accurate reporting.
* Act as customer-facing PMO technical contact addressing all technical information needs of the Government PMO and Technical organization.
* Generates and provide input for program status reviews.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* 10+ years of hands-on system engineering experience, preferably in the intelligence community
* Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies. Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment.
* Deep understanding of Systems Engineering including requirements analysis, decomposition, derivation, allocation, and verification
* Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts
* Understanding of Agile Software Development Life Cycle including design, development, integration, test, deployment, maintenance and configuration management
* Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships including interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication as well as ability to anticipate project customer needs
* Proven ability to clearly articulate goals/priorities and successfully coordinate technical teams
* Experience with one or more of the following:
- Software development, agile development, DevOps
- Working with customers on current system for cloud evaluation
- Driving and deriving requirements and definitions associated with cloud services, web creation, and IT services
- Cyber Assessment support, including the full spectrum of planning, assessment and monitoring of sponsor information systems in accordance with ICD 503
- Management of an Information Assurance program
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
* Doctorate plus 8 years' experience; Masters plus 10 years' experience; Bachelors plus 12 years' experience; Associate plus 14 years' experience; High School/GED plus 16 years' experience
* Experience and at least one relevant certification(s) such as professional level Amazon certification(s), information services (CISSP, e.g.) or software development (scrum master, agile e.g.)
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
*** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. ***
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.