Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. RMS is helping to shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customers' most urgent needs and our Systems Design team in Huntsville, AL, is looking for you! We offer competitive salaries, benefits, profit sharing, retirement plans, and a comprehensive relocation package!
The Systems Design Center within the System Design & Performance Directorate has systems design responsibility for programs in the following product lines: Naval and Area Mission Defense, Air Warfare Systems, Land Combat Systems and Air and Missile Defense Systems. The Systems Design Center is responsible for the overall technical integrity of the systems being developed, and is the point organization for coordinating GNC; Modeling, Simulation and Analysis; and Signal Processing support where required; the organization often takes the lead on Failure Review Boards, Engineering Review Boards, and other cross discipline engagements. The center is currently looking for Mid Career Systems Engineers to provide systems design expertise for programs in various stages of the product life cycle.
Required Degree, Skills and Experience:
BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
· Four (4) years of experience in one or more of the following technical domains: RF/IR signal processing, electronics, navigation (GPS or Inertial), missile autopilots, modeling and simulation (for example 6-DOF), aerodynamics, missile related mechanical engineering (flight control systems, warheads, missile structures, seeker gimbals, RF/IR seeker sub-systems);
· Systems engineering experience with exposure in one or more of the following domains: requirements analysis and development; system performance analysis; integration and verification; and subsystem or system architecture development
· Past work experience interacting with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
· The position requires being able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
· Active Department of Defense clearance
· MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
· Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources
· Matlab and/or C++ experience
· Modeling and Simulation experience
· Experience with model-based systems engineering
· Missile performance analysis
· Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
· Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
· Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
· Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to command and control, telemetry, flight test, ISR, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing systems
· Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
· Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 125753
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.