General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Provides advanced application development and technical support for customer websites.
2. May work in a consulting capacity across multiple tasks or contracts.
3. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content.
4. Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
5. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
6. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
7. Oversees systems tests and monitors test results and corrective actions.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of related experience in web software development.
The Sponsor is seeking a Web Developer to join their team. The position involves developing web-based solutions to capability requirements identified by various program offices. The position also involves enhancement/refresh opportunities for existing solutions, either to update applications to current baseline or leverage existing solutions to increase capabilities.
The Sponsor is continually searching for ways to improve our processes and provide better services to our customers. The Web Developer is expected to provide insight into better ways of doing business and support us in the effort.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.