General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
full-time employee contract
1. Assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman.
2. In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting and in others the worker is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
3. Must be familiar with NAVSEA drawings and some knowledge/capability to support structural and electrical trades.
4. Must be familiar with cable removal; cable installation; MCT's (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting
5. Must have experience using basic hand tools such as sawsalls, drills; grinders; etc.
6. Candidates are required to have personal tools such as: 9/16" wrenches, 7/16 wrench, 8" crescent wrench, tin snips, needle nose pliers, channel locks, screw drivers, gloves, etc.
7. Transports materials; tools; and equipment to and within work sites as required.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related maintenance experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.